The Great Brak River Property
The Village is located in the picturesque and peaceful area of Great Brak River in the Garden Route, close to the more commonly known Mossel Bay Retirement area. The village provides residents with the peace of mind of security and excellent medical care on a 24-hour basis. The village consists of own title houses, assisted living flats, a sub-acute unit, a care unit, and a community centre.
The attributes contributing to the excellence of the village are:
- It’s friendly people.
- North facing village, bringing light and warmth into homes.
- Low maintenance structures, being high quality face brick, roof tiles and aluminium.
- Low levies and a strong Home Owners Association balance sheet.
- Walking distance from town centre.
- Considered a safe area, with effective security fencing and controlled access.
- Exceptionally healthy climate.
- Conveniently located 15 minutes drive from George National airport, 2 large malls, several beaches, game lodges and some of the world’s best golf courses.
The Home Owners Association is very active and inspirational. Social events are held from time to time and entertainers are invited to perform at the village. On Sundays the local church’s sermons are broadcasted on the big screen in the community centre, and several prayer meetings are organized during the week. There is on-going collaboration with clubs in the area i.e. the bowling club.
Please visit the Groenkloof Great Brak River Retirement Village website for more information, floorplans, retirement frequently asked retirement questions and availability.
Own Title Houses
There are one hundred and sixteen houses in the village, ranging from one to three bedroom houses to suit each and every taste.
It is important to note that these houses are own title, unlike traditional retirement villages where only sectional title or life right units are available. Residents belong to a Home Owners Association, which manages the well-being and financial stability of the village.
Assisted Living Flats
Forty nine bachelor flats mainly house the aged with deteriorated health. These units are available on a life right basis. The flats are under the direct supervision and control of Southern Healthcare, the healthcare provider of the village. The mission is to keep residents fully independent for as long as possible, however the following services are provided:
- Three meals per day, with your choice of eating in the restaurant or in the comfort of your own home (lunch included, breakfast and supper optional).
- 24-hour supervision.
- Minor medical supervision, such as assistance with medication.
- Personal care assistance (bathing, dressing, grooming, eating).
- Gated security community, and emergency call system.
The Care Unit consists of twenty two frail care beds and twenty eight step-down/sub-acute beds. The Care Unit is managed by Southern Healthcare. Services provided to residents as well as the public include:
- Short term medical aftercare (recovery after operations).
- Long term frail care.
- 24 hour cover, by trained staff, registered with S.A. Nursing council, staff not outsourced.
- Medical practitioners on 24-hour standby.
- A resuscitation room, equipped with emergency equipment.