The George Property
The George Retirement Village is located at the foot of the beautiful Outeniqua Mountains just east of Glenwood neighborhood. The first residents moved in at Groenkloof George in March 2013 and phase 1 of the Frail Care facilities in George should be operational in 2016. In the mean time the excellent medical facilities at Groenkloof Retirement Village Great Brak River are available for the benefit of the residents of Groenkloof George.
The attributes contributing to the excellence of the George village are:
- A prime location in the heart of the Garden Route.
- North facing village, bringing light and warmth into homes and spectacular views of the Outeniqua Mountains.
- Low maintenance homes, constructed with high quality face brick, roof tiles and aluminium.
- Low sustainable levies.
- Eco-conscious solar powered geysers and rainwater tanks.
- Conveniently located in close proximity the Garden Route Mall.
- Considered a relative safe area. In addition the village has effective security fencing and controlled access.
- Exceptionally healthy climate.
- Conveniently located near the George National airport, several beaches, game lodges, world renowned golf courses, near the N2 and close to town.
- On site Frail Care facility, with excellent medical care 24/7.
The village consists of own title houses, life right houses, assisted living flats, a care unit and a community center.
Please visit the Groenkloof George Retirement Village website for more information, floorplans, retirement frequently asked retirement questions and availability.
Own Title Houses
There will be 195 houses in the village, ranging from one to three bedroom houses to suit each and every taste. It is important to note that these houses are own title, unlike traditional retirement villages where only sectional title or life right units are available. Residents belong to a Home Owners Association, which manages the well-being and financial stability of the village.
Assisted Living Flats
84 flats will mainly house the aged who need living assistance. These units will be available on a life right basis. The George Assisted living Flats are under the direct supervision and control of Southern Healthcare, the healthcare provider of the village. The mission is to keep residents fully independent for as long as possible, however the following services will be provided:
- Three meals per day, with your choice of eating in the restaurant or in the comfort of your own home (lunch included, breakfast and supper optional).
- 24-hour supervision.
- Minor medical supervision, such as assistance with medication.
- Personal care assistance (bathing, dressing, grooming, eating).
- Housekeeping and laundry.
- Gated security community, and emergency call system.
This facility will only be in operation in 2016, however the Great Brak Facility is available to Groenkloof George Residents and any owner in Groenkloof George will have access to these facilities from day one of their stay in Groenkloof. The services that are provided to residents as well as the public include:
- Short term medical aftercare / Sub Acute Care (recovery after operations).
- Long term frail care.
- 24 hour nurse, registered with S.A. Nursing council, on duty.
- Medical practitioners on 24-hour standby.
- A resuscitation room, equipped with emergency equipment.